Saturday, December 3, 2011

Local Shopping and Santa

We started the day visiting Santa at the First Christian Church in Perry. The girls each took a photo with Santa, than mom got into the last one. We are never too old to pose with Santa...




 


Then, I took the girls to Slater for a little local gift shopping. One of my friend Joan's friends had a sale at her home. She makes the cutest bags, mittens, jewelry, pillows, stockings, and other decorative items. The girls and I all found some cute stuff. (and a couple of gifts I will keep as a surprise)


Next we headed back to Perry for an Open House at artist, Betsy Peterson's place. We have one of her creations already, but I was searching for gifts this time. We found one gift(also remaining secret) and the cutest little wooden stars to go on our tree.

Also, we did stop in Woodward on the way home from Slater in a little local flower shop to scope out the Christmas decorations. The girls and I each bought little metal Christmas trees to add to our decor. The girls' trees are brass colored with little green and red decorations, and they put them in their rooms. My tree is a sequined silver and found a home on the back of the piano with some silver, red, and black vintage metal boxes.

I love supporting local businesses, and it was a fun little shopping trip with the girls this season.

No comments: