Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Interesting Opportunity?

What would you do , if your boss's boss presented the opportunity to you and 3 of your co-workers the chance to work on a large project for 12-18 months in the UK? There will be no black mark on your record for a no answer, and this isn't the only opportunity you will ever be given. There will be other chances most likely. The power is in your hands to negotiate the terms, and you have the chance to take the whole family and pick up stakes, just travel yourself 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off or anything in between? You have 4 days to state how firm your interest is in order to work through ALL of the specifics.

Well, this is what happened to me at 8:15 this morning.

The furthest we have gotten is that I think it sounds exciting, and the family would have to come with me in order to make it happen.

These next 3 days of thinking will be long ones...

5 comments:

The Handsome Dan said...

Reflection is for the weak and powerless. Buy a raincoat and brush up on your cockney. Sell the truck and cars, buy a very ugly tiny Smart car and paint it draped with the American flag. Flip off anyone who dares look twice, they'll just assume you're French. Rent out the house while you're away, demand free housing while you're there, then move to Denver when you get back and we'll drink beer while watching the sunset over the Rockies. Do Not, under any circumstances, enjoy a game of Cricket. Cheers. You only live once, and it's a pretty big world. Live in it.

Mary Perry said...

Honey, I know between you and Danny, you will do what is best for all of you. You so deserve the opportunity. You know you have lots of help, all you guys have to do is ask.

sweetpea324 said...

My first instinct says NO WAY! You can't leave us! But wow what an opportunity! Good luck with your decision. Love ya!

Judy said...

Be sure and let us know as soon as you decide what to do. At my age, I know there is no way I could do that. I could not be away from family and friends for a year..but you have an adventurous soul and you're still young. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions. You'll do what's right for you and your family, I'm sure of that.

Kristina said...

Gina - I had an opportunity a few months ago for a temporary 12 month assignment in Washington DC with the opportunity to come home paid one weekend a month, a HUGE monthly per diem and I couldn't do it. As much as I love DC and think it would be so cool to live and work there, I would miss my boys too much and in our situation, bringing them with me wasn't an option. Here I am, a few months later and I don't regret my decision at all.

You'll make the right decision.