Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Back to school**edited with photos**

Well, we had a day to get ready for back to school today. Eliza had to get her kindergarten check up and 5 immunizations and a blood test. RIDICULOUS!!! No child should have to go through all of that at once. She screamed and I cried. I don't know what was worse. She quickly recovered though, and we headed to the McDonald's play land for dinner and a little play.


Then, to Wal-Mart for school supplies and school hair cuts. YAY!!! I love school supply shopping. Eliza got an Elmo backpack and Skylar got a camo messenger bag. No more boring back pack for her. Why are they getting so big!?!? : (

Finally, we met friends for dinner at Cheddar's. Danny and I have childhood friends that I thought should meet each other. Andy was Danny's classmate and now lives in Kansas City and Tina is my classmate and lives in Ankeny. It was a little difficult and weird to find a place for them to meet, but I thought it was worth the chance. Setting people up is hard, but at 30 something, I was willing to take a shot for both of them to meet someone nice possibly. Bars just don't cut it as ideal meeting places... They've now met and have each other's numbers. My fingers are crossed.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

You little matchmaker you.....how things work out for your friends. I sure wish Fred and I could find our friend Paul a companion.

Cheri said...

OMG, I LOVE Cheddar's!:) Haven't been there in years, but love it! If there's a place to meet the mate of your dreams, that'd be it...over a nice, humongous cookie served in a frying pan (do they still have those?!)